We have been nominated for a One Lovely Blog Award by the fabulous Jill Goldberg who writes the exceptionally creative blog Nice Piece of Work and sells all of her beautiful, hand-made goodies on Jam Tarts. Jill, firstly we think you are fabulous and we thank you so much for honouring our blog with this award! We appreciate your support and are thrilled to be presented with this award by a fellow blogger!
As part of the rules of the award we need to tell you 7 things about us, we have made it 8 so you get four facts out of both of us
4 things about Natalie:
1. I am one of those strange people who loves cloudy days. I believe adventures happen on cloudy days – I have my mom to thank for that.
2. I have recently become a coffee snob, I am addicted to French coffee and take pleasure in the pure indulgence of it. I am bitterly disappointed when I have a cup that doesn’t live up to my expectations.
3. The less I have the more creative I can be. I thrive on the challenge, for instance if you gave me R1000 and told me to shop for a dinner party I would be completely lost and overwhelmed but give me a tin of tuna and a couple of bits and pieces and I will be in my element!
4. I am blessed to work with my darling husband, this means we are with each other 24/7. I don’t think many people would be able to cope being with their spouse all day. It is not always easy but we have made it work. Sometimes we get so focused on what we are doing that the hours will fly by and he will turn to me and say “Oh is that what you look like.” Sweet man! He gives my the courage to get up everyday and follow my dreams.
4 Things about Elaine
1. I am passionate about cooking. Most of the time. My family knows when my inspiration has bottomed out because they get spag.bol or take away fish and chips.
2. I love words and I am writing a novel which WILL be published before I turn 70.
3. One of my hobbies is making doll’s houses, and collecting miniature for those houses. It is a bit of an obsession and I really don’t think I have grown up yet.
4. I have a wonderful family whom I love dearly. I appreciate their encouragement to do and be anything I set my mind to.
Here our nominees for the Lovely Blog Award: (in no particular order)
Natalie & Elaine