I found this article in the Daily Mail saying that sales of red paint have increased by 40% as hordes of women are “DIYing” the famous red soles of Christian Louboutin’s designer shoes. The originals average around R7500 per pair. I don’t know about you but that definitely blows my shoe budget!
TOP TIPS FOR CREATING YOUR OWN DIY LOUBOUTINS
1. Cover the rest of the shoe while painting to avoid unwanted marks on the main body of the shoe
2. Use a thin, small brush to keep painting accurate and neat
3. Prime the sole of the shoe with multi-purpose primer
4. Paint with a gloss rather than an emulsion paint
5. All of the shoes sold by French shoe designer Christian Louboutin have the bright scarlet shade of Pantone-18 Chinese Red painted on their soles
6. Seal the colour with a surface sealer for a longer lasting finish
Well it looks like the general feeling is, if you have got is flaunt it, if you haven’t, fake it. What do you think?