Tell us a little bit about what you do: I teach English as a second and foreign language on a freelance basis, in people’s homes or wherever needed.
What do you love to do: Anything creative gives me a buzz, so I enjoy painting, sewing, craft work, visiting art exhibitions and markets. I also love walking and hiking in the outdoors.
For coffee with the girls: 44 Stanley Avenue
For a bit of R&R : a long week-end in the KZN Midlands, or on a game farm, or in the Cape.
Shops you love:
Clothes: Anywhere I can find something that looks great but costs very little!
Food: Foodlovers Market in Fourways
Homeware: Mr Price Home
Your bargain buys of… the month olive oil at Foodlovers Market …the year as new Miss Cassidy slacks for under R50.00 … the decade: a beautiful, as new, leather handbag for R5.00 at a jumble sale!
In our Make Up bag what products can’t you live without and why?
- Hand moisturiser – a MUST in winter and can double up as face moisturiser if need be.
- Khol pencil – that’s the only eye make-up I use on a daily basis.
- Lipstick – my lips get very dry and I feel naked without it.
What are your three Cheap Luxury tips?
- Freeze lemons. Grate them for zest, slice them with a serrated knife for your tea or completely defrost them to get every ounce of juice when needed.
- Dischem fragrance free, water soluble bath oil. Use as is or add your choice of aromatherapy oil to it. I can’t survive winter without it.
- When buying bananas in summer, select them individually so that you have some ready to eat, some yellow only and some still with a green tinge. That way they won’t all ripen at once. Alternatively, buy all ready to eat and store some in the fridge wrapped in several layers of newspaper. They’ll keep beautifully and you can take them out as you need them.
3 things about you would SPLURGE on:
3 things about you would SAVE on: things e.g.
- books and magazines (I use the library and buy from charity shops)
- food and groceries
If you would like to be featured as one of our Fabulous Follower please send me an email we just love hearing from you!
PS. All our Fabulous Follower articles are written by the followers themselves and are not necessarily the opinions of Cheap Luxury.